Creamy gluten-free vegan apple pie anyone? 👋
Following our recent post 5 Facts about Veganism and Environment, we've teamed up with @bak3itvegan to share an easy and delicious vegan recipe that uses seasonal fruits.
- A knife
- A blender
- A peeler
- A teaspoon (tsp)
- A large mixing bowl
- A baking dish (pre-oiled and coated with a bit of cornstarch)
8-10 servings (French servings 😅)
1,2 kg apples (peeled and sliced thinly like you would do for a potato pie)
- 50 g almond butter
- 240 g silken tofu
- 45 g coconut syrup
- 130 g corn starch
- 120 ml almond milk or any other plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or liquid
- 1 tsp rum (optional)
- Almond slivers to put on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan setting.
- Place the silken tofu, almond butter, almond milk, and vanilla in the blender bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add in the corn starch, and the rum. Mix until well combined.
- Finally, transfer the preparation in a mixing bowl and with a tablespoon add in progressively: the apples, and mix gently to ensure that all slices of apples are covered with the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture in baking dish (see utensils indication) and bake for 50 min until golden. You should be able to pierce the pie with a fork and bring it out clean.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool down for 30 min.
- Now it is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Ready to be baked 🧑🍳
After transferring the mixture in a baking dish as described above in step 5. The pie is ready to be baked for 50 min in the oven at 180°C, fan setting.
Ready to be eaten 🍴
After 30 min of cooling down the pie, see step 6. You can treat yourself with a slice (or two)! 😋
For more pictures of the pie go check our Instagram: @phonecases.green